Update: that was fun and successful. I’ll do it again Tuesday7/28 and will tweet an announcement to twitter.com/johnandrews a few hours before so everyone can formulate their <140 character questions :-)
I've opened my twitter account to offer free SEO advice to those who can send their questions in 140 character tweets. Send to @johnandrews on twitter and I will try and respond with the best advice I can provide in 140 characters or less (sometimes willing to go to two tweets).
Please help raise awareness of this free opportunity, by linking to this post and or broadcasting a “heads up” message to your Social Media audiences.
In my SEO consulting work, everything has a goal, and every effort is assigned both outcome metrics (measures of the success of the specific effort) and success metrics (measures of the achievement of the higher goals justifying the action). For this effort:
- retweets of the offer of free seo consulting
- number of people asking SEO questions and getting answers they can put to use
- quality of questions asked (subjective measure)
- potential discussion of finer points of SEO issues raised (engagement of other SEOs in conversations secondary to initial inquiry)
- increased external awareness of my brand of SEO consulting among active social media users (quality, concise, actionable advice) – more followers, more engagement, more reach
- increased internal knowledge of the state of SEO awareness among my twitter followers and my extended network of followers
If I achieve goals (or discover additional value through the effort), I’ll dedicate part of every week to regularly scheduled free seo consulting.